Making a Formal Complaint

As a regulated RICS firm we have in place a Complaints Handling Procedure to enable you to escalate issues or concerns. The procedure has two stages. Stage one gives us the opportunity for our independent complaints team to review and consider your complaint in full. We will always endeavor to assess the facts fairly and our goal is to find an amicable solution to enable us to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction. If you are not happy with our final response however, you will have the opportunity to take your complaint to stage two. Stage two gives you the opportunity to have your complaint reviewed and considered by an independent redress provider.

Stage One

If you have been unable to resolve your complaint with the local office, you may escalate the matter by writing to our managing director. We ask that you put your complaint in writing to make sure that we have a full understanding of the reasons for your complaint. Please provide as much detail as possible including:

  • the person you have been in contact with,
  • what service we were providing,
  • where you consider we have failed to meet expected standards, and
  • what solution you would ideally like to achieve.

You can write to us at:

Head Office, Chancery Place, 50 Brown Street, Manchester M2 2JG


We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 3 working days. We will investigate the circumstances of your complaint, including contacting the local office and we will provide a summary of our findings within 15 working days of the acknowledgement. If you are still not satisfied, you may contact us again and we will have a further 15 working days to provide a Final Response.

Stage Two

If you are still not satisfied when you have received our Final Response, or 8 weeks has elapsed since you first wrote to us, you have the opportunity to take your complaint to an independent redress provider. There are different providers depending on who you are and the type of service your complaint relates to; we will recommend in our Final Response which redress scheme is appropriate.

Other information

If you are a CONSUMER we suggest that you contact the following institution.


The Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR)


CEDR is free to consumers and can consider any consumer complaints except for residential agency (sales, lettings, property management). We would recommend their services for complaints relating to valuations, building surveys, land measurement, professional advice, and project management. CEDR will also consider complaints from small businesses (i.e. fewer than 10 employees).


The contact details for CEDR are:

Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution 70 Fleet St, London EC4Y 1EU T: 0207 536 6116




We hope this procedure clearly outlines how to escalate an issue you have been unable to resolve with a local office, the steps we will follow when we receive a formal complaint and the options open to you if you are unhappy with our findings. If you still have questions, however, please send an email to and we would be happy to try to assist.